Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sex and the City


Yesterday I had the absolute pleasure of watching the new Sex and the City movie; something I had been looking forward to all week.
Now I know that many reviewers have panned it and I feel it needs to be said that a majority of these reviewers were male. I mean, really? Why would you send a male to go and review a movie like SATC.

I had no expectations going in except that the fashion would be out of this world. The creators have never disguised the movie as something that will stir up great thought. It is quite simply a movie for the millions of fans still pining to see what's happening to Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte. 
Quite simply it's pure indulgence and a whole lot of escapism at it's best. For who doesn't want to live in a  world where on holiday and faced with an impromptu dinner with an old love, you remember that you've got that breathtaking Emilio Pucci gown in your suitcase that you packed 'just in case'. 

I watch a movie to forget what's going on in my life, to open my eyes to a world that may or may not ever be a reality for me. So when a movie like SATC makes me smile for two and a half hours, then that to me, is a success.

On a side note, desperately loving these sling back Louboutins - Who doesn't love a little sparkle in their lives.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails