Monday, June 28, 2010

I Have A New Rock N Roll Crush....

(Photo by Lauren Bamford)
(Photo by Patrick Cox)

...on these 5 awesome ladies who are in the coolest rock act I've seen in a while, Beaches.  Their show blew me away and reminded me how powerful music is and how it can help to reinvigorate your soul. This Melbourne band were so mesmerising, that dare I say had I watched them when I was 13(not that they are old enough to have been around..but you get my drift), I would have burnt my school books, picked up a guitar and formed a band. They truly rocked. And don't get me started on their style, from the contemporary jewellerly designing drummer to the double denim wearing photographer guitarist, I loved it all.  


If all that wasn't enough, it was made all the more excitng by watching them in the same week that Australia got its first female PM!  Go buy their album and see them live when they are next in your town. You wont be sorry.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails