Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lucia's Style Challenge - Golden Globe's






The Dress - Toni Maticevski
(Image via style.com)


Shoes - Christian Louboutin, Cosmo Python Pumps (Net-A-Porter)
Clutch - Christian Louboutin, Mini Loubi (Net-A-Porter)
Cuff - Yves Saint Laurent
(YSL)


This challenge proved a lot harder than I initially thought. So many options to scout out and chose from, not to mention the fact that I can't physically see them all on an actual person, but none the less, here we have it: 

The Golden Globes is often the most casual and fun of the awards ceremonies, a chance for attendees to flirt with a more youthful and relaxed type of style, which is exactly why Lucia's Toni Maticevski dress is perfection. I feel like the more I look at this dress the more I fall in love with it. 

Unfortunately my first pick shoes for this look are being held ransom by Barney's New York. As they're brand brand new Louboutin's, I found it incredibly difficult to find a picture of them on the net that I could borrow for use of this post. So instead I opted for the just as fabulous Louboutin Cosmo Pumps in a gold/pewter python. If you're interested, my first pick shoes can be found here: Barney's. 

There's many things I adore about this Mini Loubi clutch, the delicate antique lace, the colour combination of the gold hardware and the creme, so so pure and fresh, but most of all who can resist the diamante encrusted heel clasp - simple, but genius. It kind of sold me.

To me, due to the asymmetrical neckline and draping of the dress, it's really important that accessories are not in abundance or over the top. The dress is so beautiful and unique that it deserves a fashion moment where it can hold it's own. Which brings me to YSL's Arty Bangle made from Blue/Green Aventurine stones. 
What I loved about this cuff is it's earthy quality and that the Blue/Green of the stones ties in with the fresh green/gold/creme vibe we were going for with this entire look. There's something about Lucia style that's slightly whimsical and eclectic in her approach. This cuff may not be something she would initially chose for herself, but I feel that tied together with this outfit she would Shut. It. Down.

A note on hair and make up: I actually liking the styling of the hair on the catwalk, even the gold accessory around the bun. Though I would have it a little less slicked back and severe, just the use of less product would be enough. Make up would be minimal and dewy, with a subtle bronze smokey eye.

Whilst challenging, this task has been a whole lot of fun and if I do say so myself; Lucia, this would be an 'out of the ball park' moment for you. Best dressed for sure. I hope you L.O.V.E.

Ok, so you may or may not remember that Lucia also set me two more style challenges for her Oscar's ceremony and after party looks. I haven't forgotten, it's just that the insane perfectionist in me needs to get it right. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails