Saturday, July 24, 2010

What I Love About Fashion

(Images via Noir Facade)

There are many things I love about fashion, but the thing that ignites the most passion in me is the fantasy. 
The idea of clothes, shoes and accessories coming together to form an image or a style that seems out of this world and in some cases unattainable, is like a wonderfully addictive dream that sits just out of reach. The fact that there's many elements you might never be able to access make it all the more desirable, for there's nothing more attractive than something that's not quite yours.

Take these pictures for example, never in a million years would I A.) be able to afford these clothes or B.) even be able to pull them off. I understand that there's a lot going on there, what with the opulent brocade coats, plush fur and bold animal prints, but the point is: doesn't it make you want to live in a world where these kinds of fashions are the norm? Just for a second?
It's escapism, pure and simple, but I have to say, doesn't everyone need a little fantasy once in a while.


Vogue US August 2010
Photographer: Steven Meisel

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails