Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time To Bring Back...

US Vogue - September 1991

The Supermodels of the 90's. By whom I mean the BIG six: Christy, Claudia, Cindy, Kate, Naomi and Linda.
Whilst there have been many other girls who have been given Supermodel status, to me these six divinely perfect women will always be the original Supermodels.
In fact, it is often said that they are the only six models officially recognised as Supermodels by the Fashion industry.

After watching Catwalk on DVD this afternoon, I am left lusting after a time where models were the ultimate celebrity. When the same girls graced every cover, campaign and catwalk....back when Supermodels were rare and mythical, not like now where celebrities reign supreme and models seem not only mass produced, but almost obsolete.

Take me back to the fashion world in the 90's - I promise I'll pay attention this time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails