Saturday, January 23, 2010

Golden Globes 2010 - Top 5 Best Dressed


Number 1 - A mutual decision:

Emily Blunt in Dolce & Gabbana

(Photo via Just Jared)

Lucia: Hits it out of the ball park! This pick even surprised me as I normally don't even look at her but from the tip of her head to her feet, perfection. There is something to be said about a woman in love...

Edie: Wow. It's a definite case of words not being able to do justice to how truly divine she looks. The colour, the design, the fit....make up, hair, accessories....really, I could go on and on. Flawless, wouldn't have done a thing differently - she absolutely shut it down.



Number 2 - A mutual decision:

Zoe Saldana in Louis Vuitton

(Photo via Just Jared)

Lucia: WOW! Not much that can be said when it all comes together so well.

Edie: Literally dying for this colour right now - it's like a deep, rich, berry wine and oh so flattering on her skin tone. I adore that this is Vuitton, because I feel like they very rarely get worn to big red carpet events like this. It's so high glam, but at the same time the patchwork material around the bottom of the dress give it an almost gypsy/boho feel. I'm not even going to lie, I'm kind of desperate to know what shoes she's wearing underneath....




Number 3 - A mutual decision:


Rose Byrne in Lanvin


(Photo via Just Jared)


Lucia: Beautiful. She may have some hair haters out there, but seriously its divine. Hair, makeup, dress. The complete package.


Edie: The colour melts my heart - absolute favourite, so regal and opulent. If I'm being totally honest though, it's not that I'm breathless over the design of the dress, it's the colour; pure and simple. I do think the gathering around her waist with the brooch detail is incredibly flattering and balances out the starkness of the bodice beautifully. Not totally loving the hair though, I think it's the clip...to matchey with the one on her dress.



Number 4 -


Lucia's Pick: Maggie Gyllenhaal in RM by Roland Mouret


(Photo via Just Jared)



Edie's Pick: Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior


(Photo via Just Jared)



Lucia: I'm surprised at how much I love this look considering my hatred for pink but she is almost regal in this outfit. So sweet. 10 extra points for great posture


Edie: Oh I loveeee her, she's one of my Top 3 Fashion Crushes. Simply put: J'adore the colour of her Dior! Loving the asymmetrical strap and the detail around the bodice leading down to the thigh high split, is simply beautiful. I was originally baffled by the lace peeking through at the top of the thigh, but after seeing how amazing the dress looked on the runway, I understand where John Galliano was coming from, sadly it just isn't reflected on this particular occasion.




Number 5 -


Lucia's Pick: Diane Kruger in Christian Lacroix Haute Couture


(Photo via Just Jared)



Edie's Pick: January Jones in Lanvin


(Photo via Just Jared)


Lucia: Breathtaking. Ozzes glamour and sophistication. Not loving the colour (see #4) but she makes up for that by dating Joshua Jackson.


Edie: Oh I do love me some black. Even I find this a strange choice for me, I mean it's a little quirky for the red carpet (specifically the ribbon headband). But I have to say, that's exactly why I like it. The upswept do, the ruffle detail on the shoulder, the almost column fit of the dress, there's something very simple yet youthful and elegant about it. A little crazy over the red lips and nails too - love, love, love the contrast against the black. I feel like if she were brunette, this wouldn't have worked for her though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails