Tuesday, February 15, 2011

7 Years Ago Today...


...I was working in a bookstore on a hot Sunday afternoon, bored, and not feeling very happy to be there.  In walked this boy wearing shorts and a t-shirt, looking for a wedding present for his friends, who were getting married later that month.  We chatted for a bit about school and photography and what his plans were for the day. I couldn't stop looking at his clear blue eyes, they were mesmerising. He had a cute smile. And yet he bought the book and left the store, and I was left thinking that I missed my chance. I just wanted to talk to him some more. Then an hour or so later in he walked again, and my hands started to shake just a little, like they tend to do when I'm nervous and excited, and he headed straight towards me.  He asked what time I finished work and if I wanted to go get a coffee with him. I said yes straight away. The rest of my work day was a blur, then at 5 o'clock, there he was, waiting for me with that smile, and those eyes and I was hooked. We talked for three hours straight. I knew he was going to be a special person in my life. I was right. He is now my husband.

Happy Anniversary G. 7 amazing years that have gone so fast. Thanks for your love and support and for keeping me laughing even when I get a little crazy. xx

5 comments:

Trina D said...

You have a way with words that bring tears to my eyes. YOu guys are perfect for each other in every way.

MaisieDays said...

That is s sweet!!! Congrats to a gorgeous couple.
xx

Lucia said...

Thanks Ladies xx

Ness said...

il tuo destino....

p said...

love love xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails